Salary: up to £85K
Location: Leigh-on-sea, Essex
Please note: this is NOT a remote working or flexible position. You will be expected to be in the office full-time. Please do not apply if this isn’t what you’re looking for.
Who are we?
Storm is a forward-thinking, fast-paced and growing full-service agency. We are proud to be ranked by our clients, through global media platform ‘The Drum’ as the No. 1 agency in Essex and East Anglia. We are a full-on, switched on, always on, kind-of-agency. You’ve got to be sharp, think on your feet and really know your stuff to make it through the door.
Who are you?
Strategically-minded. Commercially-aware. Metrics and data-driven. Knows their ‘online’ from their ‘offline’, and approaches everything with a strategic-first mindset. You understand business, and you get the commerciality of what we do - both from an internal profitability and efficiency standpoint, and more importantly, from a client success point of view.
This is one of the most integral roles within the company and we’re looking for a seasoned professional, with experience across the whole marketing mix both in the traditional and digital sense. Someone who truly understands the core fundamentals of all things strategy.
What will you be doing?
Everything starts with strategy and we don’t even consider touching a job without it, meaning you’ll be the first point of call for establishing clients’ marketing needs and requirements, ensuring that strategic briefs and marketing plans are created with KPIs and budgets in mind, agreed with the client and then clearly communicated to all teams involved in the output and delivery.
You’ll be liaising with all departments from digital to design, content to development and you’ll think, lead, plan, direct and oversee all marketing activity for retainer-based client accounts as well as forming strategic proposals for all ad-hoc projects and campaigns that are in the studio. The role will require a hands-on approach to help deliver existing client work but also support the growth of the agency to help drive the DigitalLandscape service forwards, and secure new clients.
You'll also be expected to:
- Understand the core principles of marketing and apply your knowledge to executing strategies across both digital and traditional channels; you’ll have had experience in above and below the line advertising, and will be familiar with PPC, SEO, Social, OOH, E-commerce, CRM workflows and more, focussing on delivering ROI for our clients
- Track, monitor and analyse all marketing activity and campaign performance to accurately provide recommendations based on the data and metrics, working with the teams to report on findings
- Demonstrate your awareness of different industry/market/audience needs and demands, and be able to deliver relevant and fit-for-purpose output
- Manage client expectations but look for opportunities to deliver new strategies and cross-sell services - think SWOT analysis, competitor analysis and beyond
- Hold and deliver client workshops and meetings either virtually or face-to-face, using pitching documents and slide decks to illustrate your expertise and knowledge within this area, all whilst communicating effectively and articulately
- Have autonomy when it comes to all projects - own the process and the input, be commercially aware when it comes to budgets and time management and always aim to bring solutions to the table
- Be abreast of all industry trends, news, topics and share any insight and resources with the wider teams. Show your enthusiasm and awareness
- Take comprehensive briefs from clients, demonstrating the ability to obtain the appropriate information, identify and understand relevant challenges and develop proposals that can suitably address them
- Develop customer journeys, personas, key messaging, objectives and mission statements
- Understand the various processes within the studio - brief in jobs and work with teams to help shape brand guidelines, layouts of prototypes, brochures, email templates, hierarchy of websites etc. You won’t be expected to design, but you will be expected to understand the foundations and have an eye for aesthetics, knowing what works and what doesn’t
- Have a sound knowledge in CRO/UX/CRM nurture journeys - collaborating with the digital marketing team to oversee and direct the implementation of workflows and landing pages
- Understand client nuances and communicate effectively, appropriately and professionally to build trust, deliver value and drive success; we’re proud to be recognised and recommended by our clients as the number 1 agency within the South East, so it’s imperative that we continue to maintain these lasting and mutual relationships
What do you need?
- Extensive experience of leading strategy on large client accounts
- A hunger to drive business results for clients - their success is our success
- A strong grasp of tools and programmes such as the Google suite of products; everything from Google Docs to Google Data Studio
- A well-rounded knowledge of Digital practices - SEO, Social, Paid Media, CRM, Analytics etc.; you should know how and when to apply them to a campaign plan or proposal.
- A proven track record in delivering successful solutions for either B2B or B2C clients (both, ideally)
- Confidence in pitching; you must be able to write cohesive, solid workshop documents and proposals and you must be able to deliver them internally and externally with conviction and empathy
- To be results-driven and proactive in your approach, with the ability to deliver on multiple fast-paced projects at any one time
- To be a high-level, lateral thinker, with great business acumen and a passion and interest in marketing
- To be someone who’s committed, consistent, sees the bigger picture and is willing to learn, develop and push their skill-set even further
- You must be able to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise in this field; we are not looking for a Marketing Facilitator/Coordinator, a Marketing Manager or Account Director. This is a high-level, Strategic Marketing role.
- You’ll be joining an award-winning agency – #1 in Essex
- Allocated budget for training, conferences, workshops, mentoring
- The opportunity to work with a prestigious client base
- ‘Years of service’ bonus and profit share scheme
- ‘Years of service’ gifted holiday scheme
- Transparent and accelerated career progression
- Office closure over Christmas with additional gifted holiday
- Regular social events throughout the year. Leigh-on-Sea is a great place to work and socialise; a seaside town with a buzzing broadway full of bars, shops, restaurants etc
- Free bar Fridays from 4pm
Please note: we will be unable to consider you for this role if you do not provide a covering letter, CV and locality information (as stated, this is an in-agency role).
Storm is open to receive emails/calls from recruitment agencies if pre-vetted, quality candidates wish to be presented.