Who are we?
Storm is a forward-thinking, fast-paced and growing full-service agency. We are ranked by the Drum as the No. 1 agency in Essex and East Anglia.
Who are you?
Tenacious. Empathetic. Strategically-minded. Creatively-driven.
You are just as comfortable working on a brief in solitude for a week as you are jumping from project to project with intense collaboration. You can translate any brief into compelling copy, regardless of industry, medium or time limitations.
You take feedback like a champ because you understand, you learn, and you want to grow. You’re not afraid to speak up and give your opinion, share ideas and confidently steer a conversation when needed.
What will you be doing?
Writing first and foremost. You will support the existing content team with both their adhoc and retained delivery, getting to understand the nuance of our vast and diverse B2B and B2C client base.
- Executing a range of content styles on a regular basis such as articles, social posts, website copy, scripts, campaigns, emails and more
- Scoping, strategising, planning and storyboarding different content types
- Proofing other copywriters work and giving feedback
- Taking part in client meetings and workshops
- Proofing print, digital and web content before it leaves the studio
- Turning sometimes dry or vague subjects into hard-hitting messages
- Be involved in strategic and creative brainstorming sessions
- Hold client interviews both over the phone and in-person
- Upload and schedule blogs and social posts
What do you need?
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as an agency or in-house copywriter
- Have an impeccable grasp of the English language and grammar
- A degree in English Language, Creative Writing, Advertising, Journalism or similar (preferred, but not essential)
- Experience writing SEO optimised content
- A working knowledge of various social media channels
What benefits will you get?
- Allocated budget for training, conferences, workshops, mentoring
- The opportunity to work with a prestigious client base
- Transparent and accelerated career progression
- Office closure over Christmas with an extra day’s holiday as a gift
- Regular social events throughout the year. Leigh-on-Sea is a great place to work and socialise; a seaside town with a buzzing Broadway full of bars, shops, restaurants etc.
- Free bar Fridays from 4pm
Please only apply if your portfolio shows the following...
- Your ability to write across a wide range of digital and print mediums (short and long form)
- You can think visually about a concept as well as textually
- A range of TOV examples for either B2B or B2C clients (or both, ideally)
Please note: We will be unable to consider you for this role if you do not provide a covering letter and CV. No calls from agencies please.